Re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:28:32 +0200

> I would like to bounce on Leo's remarks to issue a warning: we should not
> make
> too much things global settings. We have strived for a long time in glob2 to
> add local geometrics particularities in order to create interesting and
> dynamics strategies in the game. Making too much things global could kill
> that effect.

With the local relative settings leo proposed there should not be
problem at all.  As long as we have additional local influence
options, there is nothing to worry about.

By the way:
I forgot to propose "setting flags".  Like an emergency flag.
Everything in its proximity uses the settings of this flag.
That way you can defend an expansion effectively while the rest
of the world works relatively normal.
This would be local, but reduce micromanagement.

--
Kai Antweiler