Re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?

From: Martin Voelkle
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:36:08 +0200

On 8/13/06, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
> I forgot to propose "setting flags".  Like an emergency flag.
> Everything in its proximity uses the settings of this flag.
> That way you can defend an expansion effectively while the rest
> of the world works relatively normal.
> This would be local, but reduce micromanagement.

I like the idea :-)

Wouldn't that kind of flag cover very large areas and thus clobber the
game view?

Did anyone play Empire Earth 2? It's a RTS game with a very nice
feature: a strategy view. In this view, the map is full screen and you
can use it to draw battle plans and send them to your allies. Maybe
this would be the right user interface for the granularity that this
"high level" flag requires.

You can download a demo, maybe it works with wine.
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=3043

Martin