re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?

From: donkyhotay
Subject: re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:22:00 -0500 (CDT)

This is something thats been discussed in the forums. An idea that came up was
the idea that level1 turrents can not attack air and you would need to upgrade
to level2 before attacking air. This of course is slightly different, and a
level 2 would allow attack of both. Another way of doing turrets I've been
thinking about would be completely different. Have a level1 turret do a very
short-range attack that attacks air and ground (I'm thinking of something
similar to the explorers attack). When you upgrade to level 2 you keep the
short range attack and add either long range ground or long range air. Upgrade
to level3 then adds the other long range attack.

I suggest a fix : one can choose to upgrade level 1 ground turret (that should
not be able to attack birds) either to level 2 ground turret or to level 1
air turret (that can not attack ground units). That is more or less the same
as the zerg turrets in Starcraft and give additional gameplay as a choice to
the player.

That would require ability to upgrade to several building but should not be
difficult to implement.

Steph