Re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:03:07 +0200

>> The best part of glob2 is the macromanagement control scheme. It's
>> something I've wanted to see in other RTS games and removing that would
>> completely ruin the game as has been stated by other people many times
>> before.
>
> You are completely right. I often make comparaisons with some Starcraft
> aspects, but glob2 *must not* become a Starcraft clone.

Glob2 and Starcraft differ a lot.  I don't think this fear justified.
looking into other games to see what might improve glob2 is a good
thing.  And Starcraft is one of the best games and even in the same
genre as we are.  So please continue your comparisons!

Stopping to look for ideas from other projects is called intellual incest.
And it's one of the worst things that can happen - from a evolutionary
point of view.

--
Kai Antweiler