Re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 00:52:18 +0200

> what came to my mind just now as i played some games with the far too
> powerfull turrets is the following: maps will have to be redesigned
> even when turrets are less effective against birds.

Would it be hard to put settings like, "the amount of tower-damage"
or "the swarm cost" into the maps instead of the source code?
It would be easier to test for "optimal" values this way and
we wouldn't have to change old maps.  They could print the
settings before the game and the players would have to adapt.

Maps could even propose a handful of settings and one of it would be
chosen at random.

Actually having a page where you can get up to date and version
independent information about how much damage a
tower/warrior/explorer can do would be nice even with settings in the
source code.

> other thing would be to not let the globs forget the location of
> fruits. i guess it is something that confuses many players that you
> actually have to see the trees to harvest them whereas it is not
> neccessary to ever have seen wheat to harvest it.

Sounds good to me.

--
Kai Antweiler