Re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] should turrets attack air?
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:55:19 +0200

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 11:30, Eli wrote:
> Upgrading a level 1 turret into a level 1 turret? o_O
>
> why not simply be able to build the level 1 "air turret"?

Because by allowing the player to choose air or ground defense later, we add a
non-linearity to the game. <troll>Non-linearities are what make Starcraft the
best RTS ever.</troll>

> Besides, I think there are enough things a glob2 player has to defend
> himself against without having to build separately ground turrets AND
> air turrets. Turrets consume quite enough building space as it is...

If we make the player's life too easy, the player will get bored, and glob2
will become like glob1 : a screensaver.

Perhaps this idea (the turret with two different upgrades) in itself is not
good, but we really have to keep and add non-linearities in glob2.

Steph