Re: [glob2-devel] Forbidden flags - resources

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Forbidden flags - resources
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:36:22 +0200

Natural resources should grow fast when they are cut unless the grass is transformed into sand to put buildings witch is more difficult than just cut them.

But how would a player manage to transform grass to sand before building something? Would there be a special option on the clearing flag, or would the grass be automatically transformed to sand when a construction starts?

Transforming grass to sand is a cool idea, because it could also allow to limit the grow of resources in your town, instead of putting clearing flags everywhere. But this means that a new tool would be needed to make this transformation. Also, would this transformation be reversible or not? I think it could perhaps be funny to make it one-way, so you really have to think what you transform to sand.

Irrigated, or cultivated resources should grow exactly as the cut resources even when they are taken, this areas could be some special kind of area like the restricted area or the defense line area (see other post)

Ok, we already thought about irrigation a long time ago... But this is a difficult problem for the following reasons: - I it really necessary? I mean isn't it more interesting for the gameplay to be forced to manage your resources correctly than to be able to irrigate them to use them massively? - How would such a system work? Would it be a building, a flag, does it need to be supplied with some resource like water to work?

Gabriel