Re: [glob2-devel] Setting attack preferences.

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Setting attack preferences.
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:36:32 +0200

I have posted a request on savannah:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=103274

I like your idea, more controls for the attack flags are cool.

It is also cool that you thought about how the GUI could look like. But a drag and drop system is perhaps not very easy to code, it is probably simpler to solve this with buttons [like the ones used to define the minimum required level of warriors at a flag].

The buttons could look like that in an advanced tab of the flag:

 attack first
 | second priority
 | | do not attack
 | | |
 O O O warriors
 O O O workers
 O O O defense buildings
 O O O upgrade buildings
 O O O schools
 O O O inns and hospitals

The "O" are buttons. Buttons can only be in one of the three positions at the same time. By default the whole second row [second priority] would be selected. Perhaps there could be little icons of the units and the buildings instead of text, the same could be made for the top legend, then the bottom rollover help could show the text to explain what each button is for [like "attack first warriors" or "second priority attack schools"].

 I hope I have made all of this plenty clear!

It's a cool suggestion! I'll add this email as comment to your feature request on savannah.

Gabriel