Re: [emacs-bidi] Display routines

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Display routines
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:27:10 +0000

Hello

I Just realized that I sent a mail specifically to Eli, which was
intended for the whole emacs-bidi list. I am sorry. It is sometimes
confusing the way mailing lists act. Some would send a reply to the
list others, require a followup (but also send a cc to the author).

Here is the message:

 > Besides, code in Lisp already exists that performs logical-to-visual
 > conversion: ask Ehud Karni (who reads this as we speak ;-) for his
 > hebeng package.  Its implementation is very different from what I
 > wrote, because it reorders text en bloc rather than sequentially, but
 > if all you want is a Lisp function which reorders bidi text, it's
 > more than enough.

I have some code mostly written by Stephen Turnbull
for converting visual-2-logical leaving ASCII text
unchanged, so it is somehow suited for writing latex files.

It works with no-mule xemacs, but was also tested for xemacs-mule.
I feel a little uneasy to send an entire file in a mailing list, but
if somebody is interested I can send it.

Uwe Brauer