[emacs-bidi] Re: bidi prototype in elisp

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Re: bidi prototype in elisp
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:02:36 +0100

> Given that the C implementation of the sequential reordering is
> already done (that's the code I've been working on until now), what
> would be the purpose of writing another implementation in Lisp?
> Sounds like a waste of your time.

It seemed like a good way of doing some coding, just looking at code
doesn't work for me.  If your implementation is already done, great!
Let's have it.  :) I wasn't sure wether it already worked, wether it
was "done" or wether it was in the very early stages only.

> Its implementation is very different from what I wrote, because it
> reorders text en bloc rather than sequentially, but if all you want
> is a Lisp function which reorders bidi text, it's more than enough.

No, I explicitly wanted a model for the C code, a prototype.
Something that can be analysed and fixed without recompiling Emacs.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/