Re: [emacs-bidi] Where do I start?

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Where do I start?
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:07:33 +0100

> If all you want is some insight about the current design of the bidi
> support, as far as the display is concerned, maybe it would be a
> better idea if I posted the description here?  That might help
> finding a good assignment for you, since I have difficulty coming up
> with something that's clearly right (I do have a couple of possible
> ideas to suggest, though).

Assume you are the project manager.  :)  Let me hear your suggestions.

My current problem is this: I read the code, I read the specs.  I
don't know them by heart, I don't really grok them either.  I order to
do that, I need to actually code something.  There is code available
to me.  So I can either write some myself (elisp prototype) or look at yours.
To me, there is no "obvious" next step...

If I can't see the code and dabble with it, I'm not sure that a
textual description would help me actually *do* something.  How about
this: If your code uses tables, and you already have some of them but
they are not complete, send that and tell me how to fill in the rest
(or where I can read more about it).

> I'm not sure what would be the purpose of reading the code.  From my
> point of view, it would be nice, of course, if someone else eyeballed
> the code and reported any blunders that are still there, but is that
> really an efficient use of the few weeks you have?

Who knows?  All I know is that today, I didn't do anything.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/