Re: Customizable filesystem support for GNUstep

From: Sergii Stoian
Subject: Re: Customizable filesystem support for GNUstep
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:08:06 +0200

On 2/16/07, Stefan Bidigaray <stefanbidi@gmail.com> wrote:
On that OPENSTEP layout, wouldn't it be better to have the user Defaults directory in $HOME/Library/Defaults?  I know it's a small thing, but that's also how the GNUstep Filesystem Layout is described...

On OPENSTEP (it's running on a virtual machine right now) preferences saved in ~/.OpenStep dir. We can have ~/.GNUstep as Defaults dir.
And we can move GNUstep.conf into ~/.GNUstep also. What do you think?

Also, I've never gone in depth in a Mac, but isn't it's filesystem layout very much like the OPENSTEP one?

It's obvious that Mac layout inspired by NeXT one with modifications. As well as GNUstep one. ;)

--
Sergii Stoian, ProjectCenter maintainer