Re: Customizable filesystem support for GNUstep

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Customizable filesystem support for GNUstep
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:29:14 -0500

On 2/16/07, Sergii Stoian <stoyan255@gmail.com> wrote:
On OPENSTEP (it's running on a virtual machine right now) preferences saved in ~/.OpenStep dir. We can have ~/.GNUstep as Defaults dir.
And we can move GNUstep.conf into ~/.GNUstep also. What do you think?

Sounds good to me!

On that note, the GNUstep Filesystem Layout (the one on the website) says that the Defaults dir be inside $HOME/GNUstep/Library/Defaults, which is currently isn't, looking at the FilesystemLayout/gnustep file, this doesn't seem to be the case.

It's obvious that Mac layout inspired by NeXT one with modifications. As well as GNUstep one. ;)

What I actually meant was, isn't the Mac layout exactly like the OPENSTEP layout?

Stefan