Re: Customizable filesystem support for GNUstep

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: Customizable filesystem support for GNUstep
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:34:26 +0000

On 16 Feb 2007, at 17:29, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:

What I actually meant was, isn't the Mac layout exactly like the OPENSTEP
layout?

Not at all.  OPENSTEP on the left, Mac on the right:

/NextApps       /Applications
/NextAdmin (/Applications/Utilities, /System/Library/CoreServices, / Applications)
/NextLibrary    /System/Library
/NextDeveloper  /Developer
/LocalApps      /Applications
/LocalAdmin     /Applications
/LocalLibrary   /Library

I think the User and Network domains had the same layout, but maybe OPENSTEP had Apps instead of Applications in each. The change started after Rhapsody DR2 and before Mac OS X Server 1.0, but I think the eventual layout didn't settle down until the OS X DPs.

Cheers,

Graham.