Re: Eclipse

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Eclipse
Date: 25 Oct 2004 12:03:39 -0600

>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

>>>>> "Dalibor" == Dalibor Topic <address@hidden> writes:
Dalibor> Given that classes outside JAXP (beans, imageio) depend on
Dalibor> it, I'd be for making GNU JAXP (or another JAXP
Dalibor> implementation, if necessary) a hard requirement.

Tom> Me too, for the same reasons.

Oops, I misread Dalibor's post.

To clarify, my opinion is that all necessary dependencies should be
integrated into Classpath, so that the core is self-contained.  I
don't think we should have any required external dependencies on parts
of the java core (a stronger statement may not be possible due to our
Gtk dependency...).

Tom