Re: [Simulavr-devel] Undo the fork ...

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Undo the fork ...
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:33:28 -0700

On Tue Mar 23  6:26 , ThomasK  sent:

>- create GIT repo. I'm sure, that this is a good choice. (and I hope,
>that this isn't too painfull for you, Michael!) "Old" CVS repo will stay

Actually, I'm fairly sure it will be.
I still have a git repository from which I can
get neither source code nor error messages.
Even if I somehow manage to make use of a git repository on savanah,
it will be a continuing cause of fear and trepidation.
To me, it seems unwise to rely on a VCS that
only two of the developers know how to use.
I might end up having to develop from tarballs.
Even if my war with git is ultimately successful,
"Ultimately" could be a very long time.

Even if I knew and loved git, I wouldn't share
that love for the effort to force us to use it.
Here is another suggestion:
Keep CVS or convert to subversion.
Let the fork continue.
If we can figure out how,