Re: [Simulavr-devel] Undo the fork ...

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Undo the fork ...
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:05:58 -0700

On Tue Mar 23 14:20 , Onno Kortmann  sent:

>Hi Michael,
>>> - create GIT repo. I'm sure, that this is a good choice. (and I hope,
>>> that this isn't too painfull for you, Michael!) "Old" CVS repo will stay
>>>

>> Actually, I'm fairly sure it will be.
>> I still have a git repository from which I can
>> get neither source code nor error messages.
>>
>As soon as the git is setup, just mail me off-list with your potential
>problems of getting the code. As it will not include any of the fancy
>git-cvsimport stuff, doing a checkout/update will be easy.

In my experience, "It's easy" means that the utterer
has been doing it long enough to be comfortable.
Once habit takes over, people tend to lose the
ability to explain it to people who find it hard.

Even if I manage to git code out of savannah,
the semi-dead body will be a worry because I won't
know when something else will decide to emulate it.
When not causing actual worry,
it will still be an annoying example of ignorance.

---
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden
"War is only a hobby."