lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev (patch) userdefs.h & lynxcfg:

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (patch) userdefs.h & lynxcfg:
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:14:55 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> Everyone who compiles on/for Unix uses the configure script.  So all
> those folks shouldn't edit userdefs.h?
>
> Well maybe the "typical" user is better off doing either one or the
> other.  (Which on Unix means "don't touch userdefs.h".)  I still don't
> see why mixing should be actively discouraged.

There are still a number of settings which are generally configured
in userdefs.h, even after configure is used, and which can not be set
in lynx.cfg (unless I am confused, which is certainly possible). I
believe that "NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL" is only in userdefs.h, along with
default "TEMP_SPACE" setting.
                             Doug

__
Doug Kaufman