lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev (patch) userdefs.h & lynxcfg:

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (patch) userdefs.h & lynxcfg:
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:25:52 -0500 (EST)

> Can someone remind me why putting everything on one command line
> (which doesn't work for all platforms anyway) is supposed to be better
> than editing the file userdefs.h?

I put that stuff into a script (since I expect to run it again), e.g., for
my ISP copy:

#!/bin/sh
cfg-ncurses \
        --with-screen=ncurses \
        --enable-persistent-cookies \
        --enable-gzip-help \
        --with-zlib \
        --enable-nsl-fork \
        --enable-default-colors \
        --disable-internal-links \
        --enable-color-style    \
        --enable-prettysrc      \
        --enable-source-cache   \
        --enable-addrlist-page  \
        $*

I've a to-do item to add a switch to make all experimental stuff enabled
(as in ncurses).  That should reduce the clutter (I don't see any reason to
change the experimental status of any of the current options).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden