lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev TRST : the next step

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TRST : the next step
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:58:17 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Philip Webb said:

> Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:11:01 -0500 (EST)
>
> he has two gawk scripts, which use functions;
> we only have awk, which doesn't know about functions.
> with functions, you're more/less writing C programs anyway.

FWIW, the Single Unix spec at:

File that you are currently viewing

   Linkname: Commands & Utilities Issue 5 - Index

Link that you currently have selected

   Linkname: awk

(which is usually pretty darn close to POSIX) describes
"User-defined Functions"

What system are you using?  Try "nawk".  If Solaris, try
"/usr/xpg4/bin/awk".

> i already said i have no interest in practising awk/sed.

That's a different matter.  :-)

-- gil
--
StorageTek