lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev TRST : see LHFB

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TRST : see LHFB
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 07:58:46 -0500 (EST)

991113 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Philip Webb wrote:
>> moreover, for some reason Lynx2-8-3dev.14 didn't recognise
>> the smaller tables as being simple enough for TRST,
>> tho' in some of them all the numbers do fit onto one line.
> Do you mind telling which?  Maybe isolate a test case from the large page?

goto  www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/ocaa2.html ,
which has been tidied up with my awk program;
look at Tables 3-1 to 3-5 , starting at page 27 (ie enter  27p ).

> What about the headings?

yes, that may be the problem: if it is, i would respectfully suggest
that TRST should try to format the numbers by column,
even if the column headings have to be left alone.
users will have to sort out the headings anyway,
but having the numbers formatted more appropriately will help with that.

> Would the numbers fit *if* the table was formatted in tabular form?

sorry, don't understand: do you mean what i just suggested?

> Try viewing the document in a wider screen.

beyond my hardware.

> If that is not possible or too limited,
> use something like  lynx -dump -width=200 [URL] | most
>  most  allows left/right scrolling.

 most  is not available on our system.

> increasing width, you should see successively more tables become tabular.

that's good to learn.