lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Batch makefile for MingW32 and Windows

From: vtailor
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Batch makefile for MingW32 and Windows
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 11:47:56 -0600 (CST)

>6-Nov-99 20:04 address@hidden wrote:
>>>I notice that the rough version of the batch makefile for MingW32 under
>
>> The makefile enclosed in the first round of this thread works for the
>> first release of lynx2.8.2.  I just downloaded the most recent November
>> 4 release source and found that I needed to modify the makefile to
>> compile.  I also needed to do a bit of judicious editing, specifically
>> in www_ftp.h (formerly ftp.h) and *Util.c from both source directories.
>     www_tcp.h           tcp.h
>> There is also a bit of creeping pdcurses code that refers to pdcurses
>> .h files and is not properly ifdeffed for libslang.
>
>> Personally, I am glad that pdcurses is being used.  This will hasten
>> the debugging of pdcurses so that the overwrite problems finally go
>> away.  I will then be delighted to recompile libcurses.a and re-do
>> the defines to get rid of the not purist for Eunuchs version of libslang.
>
>> In the meantime, I am attaching the most bleeding edge recent version of
>> makelynx.bat, which will work more-or-less with the November 4 release.
>
>> Oh yes, I got the November 4 release to come up, but it freezes while
>> reading in my bookmark file and it fails when I give it http://www.gte.net
>> to look up.
>You should test your binary and solve your problems first.

I have a strong distaste for solving other peoples' problems, Comrade,
especially when they have a previous record of inventing new ones
immediately.

However, I did the next best thing:  I posted the compiled version in
bzipped format to the news group alt.binaries.misc.  Anyone involved in
making the most recent Windows 32 source changes might find it interesting
to use the MingW32 gcc version of lynx.exe with their own lynx.cfg file.
(