help-3dldf

Re: [help-3dldf] installation problem with 3DLDF

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: [help-3dldf] installation problem with 3DLDF
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:22:41 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, arnuld wrote:

> it works and configures itself fine:

No, it's not finding Flex, but I don't think it's needed, since
I distribute `prbsnflx.c++'.

> checking for flex... no

More serious is that it's apparently not finding GSL,
or part of it.

> checking for gsl_matrix_alloc in -lgsl... no

There were additional error messages in the log file
you attached, e.g., this one:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.2.2/../../../../lib/libgsl.so:
undefined reference to `cblas_ctrmv'
There were many similar ones.

> yes, I did not have it but installing GSL makes no difference. I still get
> same errors:

> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.    -frepo -pthread  -g  -MT complex.o -MD -MP -MF
> .deps/complex.Tpo -c -o complex.o complex.cxx
> complex.web: In member function ?void Complex::show(std::string,
> Scanner_Type*) const?:
> complex.web:1212: error: ?complex? was not declared in this scope
> complex.web:1212: error: ?GSL_REAL? was not declared in this scope
> complex.web:1213: error: ?GSL_IMAG? was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [complex.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/arnuld/programs/3dldf/Group/CWEB'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/arnuld/programs/3dldf/Group/CWEB'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> address@hidden Group]$

> I can not find #define HAVE_LIBGSL 1. see for yourself:

Then it won't work.  I suggest trying to compile and
link a trivial C or C++ program that uses the GSL matrix
type.  I suggest calling `configure' with the options for
finding the library and the headers, as I wrote before.

> the full config.log is here:   http://dpaste.com/36571/

If it still doesn't work, please send `config.h' too, next time.

You ought to try to get it to work, but it's not that important for 3DLDF
at present.  Most of the code involving GSL is conditionally compiled;
I just forgot to do this here.  I'll fix it and upload my changes.  If you
get the same error again, please just do the same thing in your sources.
However, I would still appreciate it if you let me know so I can fix the
bug.  It's quite possible that I've forgotten to do it in other places.

> > It's up to you if you want to use syntax highlighting.  It's a matter of
> > personal taste.  I find multiple colors in printed text distracting and I
> > know the syntax of C and C++ without them.  I'm not recommending that you
> > not use it.  However, I have no intention of programming it myself.  You
> > could try using C++ mode for the CWEB files.  I don't know whether the
> > non-C++ code would confuse it, though.
>
> it confuses a lot :\

I'm sorry, but I can't do anything about this.  CWEB and Emacs are just tools
that I use.  If you really want syntax highlighting, you could ask on
the Emacs newsgroup. However, unless someone's already programmed it,
they'll probably just say something like "Great idea, go ahead and program it".

Laurence