help-3dldf

Re: [help-3dldf] installation problem with 3DLDF

From: arnuld
Subject: Re: [help-3dldf] installation problem with 3DLDF
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:45:43 +0530 (IST)

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, address@hidden wrote:

> Okay, I just wanted to make it clear.  I'm a bit sensitive about this
> because I had that problem once before.  However, if what you really want
> to do is work on the Hurd, I don't think working on 3DLDF is going to help
> you.

I can't work on Hurd because it requires me to learn C right at this
moment and it also requires me to download, install and play with Hurd. I
can't do that, I am jobless and I need some way to earn money using
programming and C++ is the only vehicle I have along with Linux.

Earlier, I started to work on a free software named eLynx:
http://elynx.sourceforge.net/

It required me to have extensive and an intense amount of knowledge of
Astronomical system and digital photography, it is written purely in C++
with one part in OOA/D and another in Templates. That kind of domain
knowledge of photography was not useful to me in any way. So I decided
with 3DLDF where I also have C++ but the extra intensive work like TeX,
MetaPost, literate programming and Bison is a worthwhile addition to
personal tool-set. I am mainly concerned about using C++ to build software
only for getting a job. my personal choices are languages like Common
Lisp, Haskell, Mercury, BitC and OCaml.

that was all OT but I posted it to the list anyway.

thanks for your time BTW

-- arnuld
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com