[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Working out a branching scheme [was: tag --seal --f

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Working out a branching scheme [was: tag --seal --fix]
Date: 02 Apr 2004 11:49:26 -0500

> Someone mentioned the interesting case of a CVS archive that cscvs
> calculates at 11,000 revisions.  Aside from needed to tweak cscvs for
> this purpose or build some new scripts around it -- is there any
> reason to not want to split that into successive versions?  It's

Well, the fact that a CVS archive with the equivalent of 11K revisions is
very usable without the need for any manual tuning or tweaking makes me
think that Arch should be able to do that as well.

After all, we want to be better than CVS rather than worse, right?

>From the user's point of view, there might not be any reason (other than
performance limitation of tla) to split things into several versions.

        Stefan