Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fast commits

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fast commits
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 18:50:15 +0200

Tom Lord wrote:

If you know where to _find_ the ++version-lock directory then you
already know what `last-revision' would say.

I thought that knowing the patch number would help, but now I realize that the computation of the change set includes this traversal and a similar traversal in the reference revision. So yes, the only reasonable solution in such a situation is to have more versions and to prune logs like hell.

The only time `commit' _has_ to look at the archive to find out the
latest revision is when the `--out-of-date-ok' option is given (I
mistakenly called that `--force' in my previous message on this
topic.)
Sure, your previous message clearly pointed out what I was missing about normal commits :).

Robin