UKFSN (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] An ignorant question?)

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: UKFSN (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] An ignorant question?)
Date: 15 Jun 2003 16:49:18 +0100

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 10:39, Brian Gough wrote:
> It is very important that we get a lot more people using it.

Absolutely agreed :)

> I am moving my company web hosting over to UKFSN and plan to switch to
> UKFSN adsl when it is available this month.

If anyone's interested, I'm already a happy colo customer - very good
speeds and service. I hadn't realised ADSL was going live soon, though.
This is one area that is potentially a really big seller beyond the
traditional 0845, I would have thought. I've only heard good things
about people siting websites on the UKFSN machines too... clearly I
might be biased though!

In fact, this was the first I heard of it! I'm quite thankful, in a way,
because my Dad's exchange has just been ADSL-enabled, and I now have a
provider I can use! I'm going to think seriously about switching at home
too - just depends on whether I can wean myself off the ADSL crackpipe
for long enough for a cease and reprovide.

Jason, are you planning some sort of fanfare for LinuxExpo?

> I am sure there are many other ways to help get more users, for example
> from friends and relatives using dial-up.

Exactly. It's clear from this list that there are people using dial-up
solutions that are not UKFSN :)

I might have to start having a .sig just so I can publicise UKFSN...

Cheers,

Alex.