Re: [Fsfe-uk] An ignorant question?

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] An ignorant question?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:08:27 +0100

MJ Ray wrote:

Ramanan Selvaratnam <address@hidden> wrote:
If there is such a certification body then I am sure there will be many channels of distribution also available.....eg: SME startup help schemes

I don't believe you have to be certified in general, but for particular
tasks (eg IR online interfaces), you might need to be.

Aha! then there is a possible hook for AFFS or a similar body to try and get software like GnuCash to get some UK specific functionality and publicity.
<http://www.gnucash.org/en/contribute.phtml>
There has been few mentions of GnuCash recently and I hope someone with time and accounting knowledge will consider starting up something along this line..... I am willing to do any background work (setup any support webpages, test/write the interface/ any code that will be needed by us etc.) and learn in the process ....please ask ...

[...]
Does anyone know of any good GUI front ends for Debian package management systems?

I know of synaptic and I think there's a gnome-apt or similar. There may be others. I don't know if there are comparison reviews, or if
someone has the time to write one and give it to Debian Weekly News?
Why do I think the RPM based system will get there first with an easy to use GUI.
Another relevant link
<http://pclinuxonline.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6906>
..where there is mention of 'newcomers' ....
(To avoid any distro war decending on this list -- I love Debian most :-)

Best regards,
Ramanan