Re: UKFSN (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] An ignorant question?)

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: UKFSN (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] An ignorant question?)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:59:41 +0100

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a PCI based ADSL modem  that  has  freedrivers?
It should be able to handle PPPoATM ....the protocol (?) used by BT.

Where can I buy one?

I am stuck with a Conexant chipset that only prooves why free software is good.

Alex Hudson wrote:

ADSL service
(The ADSL PCI card came with 'Linux supported' splashed all over it but I had to download non-free binaries compiled against a particular version of gcc and my free kernel is tainted and my router is virtually condemned to be an 'unupgradabe' system)