Re: [Freetype] Best approach to get anti-aliased font bitmaps?

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Best approach to get anti-aliased font bitmaps?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 18:43:32 +0400

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 08:55, Brian Stell wrote:
|  > contributed code to FreeType is much easier and less time-consuming
|  > than developing from scratch.  We would be glad if you can add EBSC
|  > support, or make suggestions how it shall be implemented.  It seems
|  > that your AASB is related to this -- maybe the effort to add this to
|  > FreeType is not too difficult.
|
|  The code is fairly trival. It would not take much twisting of
|  my arm(s) to help you guys with this but right now I am more commited
|  to developing code to allow moz to print TrueType fonts to
|  Postscript/Ghostscript. I'd be more interested in working to see
|  that part of (or at least work more directly with) FreeType since
|  Linux/Unix printing is in such poor shape and better printing would
|  benefit all uses (not just CJK users).

IIRC  David Turner was speaking about embedding fonts (into printed documents)
recently. This area is definitly of high-interest for everyone.
While KDE/Qt has working solution, I would love to see StarOffice/OpenOffice,
AbiWord supporting Cyrillic both on screen and on printout (that's not the
case at a moment), and Mozilla printing with PS Type1/TrueType fonts in
Cyrillic, too.
And it would be great if all of these is done via universal API, with common
config files :-)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)