Re: [Freetype] Best approach to get anti-aliased font bitmaps?

From: Brian Stell
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Best approach to get anti-aliased font bitmaps?
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 21:55:36 -0700

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> [stuff about scaled bitmaps] ...
> We are all busy people, doing FreeType as our hobby,

You guys are doing a fabulous job. I cannot thank you enough.
I would gladly send you guys a small personal check (maybe enough
for a meal for 2) if I had mail addresses.

> and adapting
> contributed code to FreeType is much easier and less time-consuming
> than developing from scratch.  We would be glad if you can add EBSC
> support, or make suggestions how it shall be implemented.  It seems
> that your AASB is related to this -- maybe the effort to add this to
> FreeType is not too difficult.

The code is fairly trival. It would not take much twisting of
my arm(s) to help you guys with this but right now I am more commited
to developing code to allow moz to print TrueType fonts to
Postscript/Ghostscript. I'd be more interested in working to see
that part of (or at least work more directly with) FreeType since
Linux/Unix printing is in such poor shape and better printing would
benefit all uses (not just CJK users).

--
Brian Stell