Re: [Freetype] Best approach to get anti-aliased font bitmaps?

From: Brian Stell
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Best approach to get anti-aliased font bitmaps?
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 22:01:15 -0700

"Pedriana, Paul" wrote:
> Yes, but hand-tuned anti-aliased bitmaps are going to be better
> looking and faster than manually anti-aliased monochrome bitmaps.
> I want to use hand-tuned anti-aliased bitmaps. So I ask again,
> is such a thing possible with FreeType?

I suppose they would look great but I have never heard *any*
discussions on "hand tuned anti-aliased bitmaps".

To my knowledge no one has ever created them. They just do not
exist.

What little I have heard on the subject of "much better fonts"
is that in the future we will have higher resolution displays
(~200DPI) and then anti-aliasing will not be an issue.

--
Brian Stell