Re: [Freetype] Best approach to get anti-aliased font bitmaps?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Best approach to get anti-aliased font bitmaps?
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:02:27 +0200 (CEST)

>    - Do a modification to the .fon (Windows bitmapped font)
>      driver to allow it to anti-alias for you (like Brian
>      Stell's Mozilla work).

Since Mark Leishers xmbdfed editor can handle BDF fonts with more
than one bit per pixel (using an extended BDF format), I rather
suggest to use the BDF format for this purpose.  Francesco's BDF
driver (which I will add soon) doesn't support handle this, but I
believe it shouldn't be difficult to add.  Francesco?