Good job everyone. FluidSynth rocks and its great to see it moving so
speedily forward. ;)|
On behalf of the FluidSynth development team, I'm happy to
announce the release of FluidSynth 1.1.0 "A More Solid Fluid".
This is the result of a 6 month development cycle and is the most
significant release since 1.0.0.
FluidSynth is a software wavetable synthesizer based on the SoundFont 2
New features and changes:
* Extensive work on making FluidSynth more thread safe, resulting in
* Audio file rendering for MIDI to audio file conversion, faster than
* Optional libsndfile support for file rendering in different audio
file formats (wav, flac, ogg vorbis, etc) (#30).
* Audio and MIDI are synchronized for MIDI file playback.
* Server can be specified for Jack audio and MIDI drivers.
* Jack audio and MIDI is now synchronized (when same Jack server
* MIDI file playback is now timed correctly, even with large audio
* Fixed issue with missing percussion in MIDI files caused by very
short notes, using synth.min-note-length setting (#1).
* Improved support for MIDI tuning standard, including SYSEX support
and realtime tuning activation.
* Multi-core support for utilizing multiple CPUs for synthesis or
increasing speed of file rendering.
* Voices for a note-on event are started synchronously (#46).
* TCP/IP shell server support for windows (#20).
* Improved settings output (-o help) (alphabetically sorted and string
* Audio driver (-a) and MIDI driver (-m) options now accept "help" and
list available options (#41).
* Added audio.realtime-prio and midi.realtime-prio for controlling
realtime scheduling of some audio and MIDI drivers.
* Default priority levels of audio and MIDI threads set to 60 and 50
* All yes/no string boolean settings converted to integer toggle
settings (with backwards compatibility).
* glib is now a required dependency.
* Updated README-OSX
* Added "voice_count" shell command for getting current number of
New command line options:
New or changed parameters:
* Audio file output settings: audio.file.endian, audio.file.format,
audio.file.name, audio.file.type, audio.sample-format
* Realtime scheduling settings: audio.realtime-prio,
* Jack settings: audio.jack.server and midi.jack.server
* Other settings: player.reset-synth, player.timing-source,
synth.cpu-cores (experimental), synth.min-note-length
Bug fixes and minor changes:
* Fixed enabling of high priority scheduling in many audio drivers.
* Fixed bank selection logic
* Build fixes for mingw and VC++ builds on Windows
* Fix default values (after MIDI reset) to be more consistent with
MIDI spec (#29).
* Removed VintageDreamsWaves-v2.sf2 since it wasn't under a free
* Solaris build fix (#52)
* Implemented fluid_player_set_loop (#33)
* Fixed scaletune error (#26)
* Fixed synth reset between songs (#31)
* Fixed pitch bend error in Windows MIDI driver (#54)
* Skip remaining track data in MIDI file after EOT (#53)
* Bug fix in MIDI router where mutex was left locked with MIDI system
* Help command now shows list of topics instead of General help.
* Fixed non-blocking in alsa_raw, alsa_seq and OSS MIDI drivers.
* Fixed segfault on config file load (#45).
Changes affecting developers:
* Developer API docs overhauled and now very complete.
* Lots of code cleanup in fluid_synth.c, fluid_chorus.c,
fluid_reverb.c and fluid_chan.c.
* Improved use of settings hints for all settings.
* char * arguments changed to const char * for many function
* Many new API functions.
See "Whats new in 1.1.0?" section in developer API documentation for
And many others!
fluid-dev mailing list