Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.0 "A More Solid Fluid" released!

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.0 "A More Solid Fluid" released!
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:56:54 -0800

Hello,

Quoting ?????? ????????? <address@hidden>:
Hello.

I am very happy to see the new FluidRelease.

I am try to compile FluidSynth with Visual Studio.
I am checkout sourcecode and download and extract glib.
I open project. I specify GLIB include path in Additional Include
Directories(Configuration Properties C/C++) in Visual studio (for
fluidsynth, fluidsynth_dll and fluidsynth_lib).

I have not found files version.h and config_win32.h
I copy it from version.h.in and config_win32.h.in and filldown
version(string,majon,minor,micro).

Now I take into Error: Cannot open include file config.h at fluid_aufile.c
(line 30). And I change it to config_win32.h with ok. I found such code at
fluidsynth.c and the replacement is
#if HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include "config.h"
#endif
#if defined(WIN32) && !defined(MINGW32)
#include "config_win32.h"
#endif

I specify dsound.h path at  Additional Include Directories, dsound.lib path
and glib-2.0.lib path at Linker/Additional Library Directories.

And now I have an linker error in fluidsynth: unresolved external symbol
__imp__new_fluid_server rederenced in function _main.
What I need to do?

It seems I overlooked the fact that a lot of those files aren't generated when using a fresh archive/checkout of FluidSynth on Visual Studio. I was using MinGW to build FluidSynth and then I tried Visual Studio with the same code, at which point all the files would have been created.

As for the linker error. I thought I had fixed that, but I realize now that I made the change in the wrong file. I should have changed config_win32.h.in, but I made the change in config_win32.h which would just get overwritten.

To fix the error remove the following line from config_win32.h:
#define WITHOUT_SERVER 1

Thanks for reporting your experience with the build. It seems there are still some things that need to be fixed for a seamless Visual Studio build.

Best regards,
Josh