Re: [fluid-dev] audio processing stops on ubuntu karmic

From: Louis B.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] audio processing stops on ubuntu karmic
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 23:06:07 +0000

I find halving the sample rate works a treat on NetBooks  as this
reduces the work load but it also has the side effect of doubling the
latency. the  -r 22050 only seems to work with the plughw:0 as the
default alsa device does not accept the reduced sample rate.

Below is the command line that I use and it works on Ubuntu Karmic
tested at running at reduced power at 800Mhz.

fluidsynth -C 0 -R 0 -c 6 -z 128 -r 22050 -l -a alsa -o
audio.alsa.device=plughw:0 -o midi.alsa_seq.id=fs
/usr/share/sounds/sf2/FluidR3_GM.sf2
/usr/share/sounds/sf2/FluidR3_GS.sf2

This gives a latency of delay of NUM * SIZE / RATE 6 * 128 / 22050 = 35 msec

Louis