[fluid-dev] Qsynth broken with FluidSynth 1.1.0

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Subject: [fluid-dev] Qsynth broken with FluidSynth 1.1.0
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:00:42 +0000

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 12:15:45 -0800, address@hidden wrote:
> On behalf of the FluidSynth development team, I'm happy to announce
> the release of FluidSynth 1.1.0 "A More Solid Fluid".
> This is the result of a 6 month development cycle and is the most
> significant release since 1.0.0.

houston, we have a problem.

i am sorry to chime in this late, but qsynth won't support this fluidsynth
release.

first of all build fails due to (const char *) api change.

second, qsynth behaves very badly, inconsistently and troublesome against
1.1.0. everything just feels broken.

i'm puzzled why no one has noticed this while churning the fluidsynth
1.1.0 branch. i am not exempted of guilt though ;)

it's a pity :( 1.1.0 seemed a good step forward but i'm afraid i will
avoid it for quite some time, at least until i have some and rewrite qsynth
from the ground up. or else, let qsynth simply rot to oblivion ...

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela