bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Line icons

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Line icons
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:54:07 +0100

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I tweaked it a bit more and then installed it.
>> We can always make it better.
>
> OK! I have found a bug, but I don't know how it was introduced. I
> couldn't see anything suspicious in your patch.
>
> When I collapse a section, the section after it is indented, as if it
> was a subsection. Expand the "parent" section and it's back to normal.

Yeah.  I found this too just now.

> I tried with header icons off, on; with icon files, without; with
> intermediate headers on and off. No change.

Hmm.  There's an extra 16x16 space on the next line.
It doesn't have to be a section header, by the way ---
the space appears no matter what's on the next line.

If you delete the extraneous space (it will be the first
object on the next line), and then expand the section above,
you'll see that the first track in that section is outdented.

So it appears that the space for the first track in a section
fails to become invisible when the section is collapsed.

The mystery unfolds...

>>> Where are those Gnome icons from? I'd like to have a look
>>> at the complete collection.
>>
>> In Debian, they come in the package `gnome-icon-theme'.
>> When installed, they sit in `/usr/share/icons/gnome/'.
>
> All right. Of those, the open and closed folder icons. I don't know
> anything obvious other than that.

That looks really nice if you set `bongo-collapsed-header-format'
and `bongo-expanded-header-format' to "%s".

   <http://wigwam.brockman.se/~daniel/bongo-folder-icons.png>

It's so nice I think we should make that the default look.

(I manually fixed the indentation glitch for that screenshot.)

> Another idea is to use the same icon for both collapsed and expanded
> sections. Then there are more options to choose from.

I like the folder icons.  Even though Bongo sections may not
actually represent file system folders, it's close enough.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>