bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Line icons

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Line icons
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:40:09 +0100

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>>
>>> When I collapse a section, the section after it is indented, as if it
>>> was a subsection. Expand the "parent" section and it's back to normal.
>
>> Hmm.  There's an extra 16x16 space on the next line.
>
> You're right. The invisible property is t, but it's still visible.
> This is a mark icon placeholder. Do you think the display property
> overrides the invisible property somehow?

It appears so...

But try this:

   (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create "*Invisibility test*")
     (insert ".---\n")
     (insert (propertize "| foo\n" 'invisible t))
     (insert (propertize "| bar\n" 'invisible t 'display "| baz\n"))
     (insert "`---\n")
     (display-buffer (current-buffer)))

Nothing there.

Now try this:

   (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create "*Invisibility test*")
     (insert ".---\n")
     (insert (propertize "| bar\n" 'invisible t 'display "| baz\n"))
     (insert (propertize "| foo\n" 'invisible t))
     (insert "`---\n")
     (display-buffer (current-buffer)))

I see `baz' when I run this code, and all I did was
transpose the invisible lines.

Do you get similar results?

>>> All right. Of those, the open and closed folder icons. I don't know
>>> anything obvious other than that.
>>
>> That looks really nice if you set `bongo-collapsed-header-format'
>> and `bongo-expanded-header-format' to "%s".
>>
>>    <http://wigwam.brockman.se/~daniel/bongo-folder-icons.png>
>>
>> It's so nice I think we should make that the default look.
>
> I totally agree.

I'll do this.  I want to rework the code a bit to be able to
implement this in a clean way.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>