bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Line icons

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Line icons
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 05:45:59 +0100

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Actually, I was about to post a link to another set of icons,
> but they are explicitly licensed with Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 (GPL-incompatible) so I didn't.
> Well, they are copyleft-free, so here it is:
>
>     http://sweetie.sublink.ca/

Nice.  However, I couldn't find many that would be usable
for our purposes.

>> I think I would want to have, e.g., one icon for URIs, one
>> icon for currently-playing URIs, and one for played URIs,
>> because then you could still see the URIness of a track
>> while you were playing it.
>
> That is a good idea.  I think I used to have URI tracks revert
> to the URI icon after use, because I wanted to see the URIness
> (that's a cool noun), but that was lost in editing.
>
> This demonstrates why Bongo should have custom-made icons,
> if that is possible.  I can't do it myself, but maybe
> someone else can.
>
>> Another solution would be to rely on other means for
>> highlighting the playing track --- that is, the icon and
>> face changes we already perform.
>
> Of course, if that is what you want.

I'm thinking that at 16x16, maybe we shouldn't try to
squeeze too much into one icon.  Putting two icons next to
each other makes more sense to me --- especially if you
consider how much easier it is to handle N + M simple icons
compared to N * M complex icons (one for each combination).

Take a look at the screenshot I posted in this thread.
(I missed this part of your message in that reply.)

What do you think about it?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>