adonthell-general

[Adonthell-general] Translations

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Translations
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 11:25:32 +0200

>From what I can see, the translation project hasn't even started with a
Waste's Edge translation. That's really disappointing :(. I'm beginning
to wonder whether we should wait any longer, or rather do stuff
ourselves (either by looking for translators, or by doing the actual
work where possible).

To test the NLS code I translated part of the intro dialogue. I
personally find it rather difficult to produce something that sounds
good (which is odd). I imagine I don't really notice the difference
between good and less good English, but I can spot bad German. I just
seem unable to produce it ;). The point is, I'm not really suitable as
translator. (That's why I hoped the translation project would get the
work done for us.)

Anyway, the question is whether we want to ship any translations with
0.3.3 or not. If we want to, it's about time to do something about it.
Otherwise we can wait and hope that the TP guys will eventually do their
job.

I personally would like to see some translations ready in time. It's
sorta stupid to have NLS in the code without making use of it.

Kai