adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] Translations

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Translations
Date: 26 May 2002 17:58:15 +0200

Hi guys! Sorry I'm really away these days. Will go better after June
15th.

> From what I can see, the translation project hasn't even started with a
> Waste's Edge translation. That's really disappointing :(. I'm beginning
> to wonder whether we should wait any longer, or rather do stuff
> ourselves (either by looking for translators, or by doing the actual
> work where possible).

Translating Waste's Edge is a very huge task. I for myself would clearly
prefer to spend my time on development rather than translating.
Translators are not a very hard ressource to find, I think. By making
some announcements where pertinent, we should get people to do it.

But for now, we're engaged with the translation project. So we cannot
call for external translations - what if the TP starts translating at
that time? We cannot neither retire our .po. And we have no way to know
whether they plan to start it, as they don't want developers to
interfere with translators.

> I personally would like to see some translations ready in time. It's
> sorta stupid to have NLS in the code without making use of it.

How right! That's really so bad.

Alex. (back to work...)
--
http://www.gnurou.org