Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows test working!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows test working!
Date: 13 Apr 2002 08:53:13 +0200

> Here you go: the first one produces 431K of output, listing each byte of
> the "f*cking image" and finally prints the proper file size. The second
> displays the yellow rect and ... you guessed it ... the image in all of
> it's glory! So your compiler is absolutely okay.

What a relief! :)

> The thing I don't understand is that you actually passed the "b6" when
> opening the file for writing ;). How come?

Random Programming.

> Anyway, I'm just glad this issue is solved. That must have been one of
> the longest threads we had on our MLs so far! Oh well, at least none of
> us will ever make that error again, I think ;).

For sure. The lesson: even though own your system doesn't suck with
plain text files, never assume others don't! That's probably the way of
making portable code :p

Allright, I'll now try to compile/link against Python, gettext and
freetype. AFAIK, most of them are available from GnuWin32, so we won't
need to go far to have DLLs.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org