Re: [Adonthell-devel] New zlib.dll that still doesn't work

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New zlib.dll that still doesn't work
Date: 11 Apr 2002 23:08:20 +0200

I should definitely read myself back before posting:

> Damn. Damn damn damn. It's working with Wine! I have also tested the old
> app (my neighbor needed me to fix his machine, so I copied the stuff to
> test ;)) and I got the same results too (I also tested the old app). I'd

To be clear (for once ;)): I've tested the old app (with the yellow
rectangle) on a Windows machine, and got the same result as you. And the
two last apps (which doesn't use SDL) worked just fine with Wine.

Just have a doubt about your:
> As for your
> wintest2, I don't get any output, and I was too lazy to change the
> code so the output goes into a file. (I tried from 11:00 to 17:00 to
> fix that

Don't forget that under Windows nothing is outputed to the console (as
there are aren't consoles!). Instead, the output is written in the
stdout.txt and stderr.txt files. I think you already know this but what
you said (redirecting into a file, while it already writes into a file!)
makes me doubt! :)

> like to know whether the last two apps are working - these are the only
> ones I was able to test with Wine (as the other can't init the display).
> Both worked with Wine. I highly suspect DLL incompatibilities anyway -
> as with one DLL and Wine and fails, and another DLL works.

...as with one DLL and Wine it fails, and with another DLL it works
(under Wine, that is)

Goin' to bed now. Zzzzz.

Alex.
--