Re: [Adonthell-devel] More Windows porting

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] More Windows porting
Date: 13 Apr 2002 14:16:30 +0200

> The only alternative would be to set the data directory to '.' when
> using windows. But then the data needs to go into the directory where
> the engine resides.
>
> The same could be done for the $HOME/.adonthell/ directory. As windows
> isn't really a multi-user system (at least the 9x family isn't) I don't
> see much use in distinguishing between different users. So setting that
> to '.' should be okay.

Putting the data and the config file in '.' is fine to me. We'll have to
put batch files for playing games, as well as the right 'Start' menu
entries.

> And perhaps we should call the config file adonthell.ini instead of
> adonthellrc, as that is what windows users are used to.

Maybe, although it might be confused with Windows .ini files, which can
somehow be executed if I remember correctly. adonthellrc is not that
bad, and we'll specify well where the configuration file is (would be
worth to put the README in the start menu too, as most programs do).

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org