Re: [Adonthell-devel] New zlib.dll that still doesn't work

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New zlib.dll that still doesn't work
Date: 11 Apr 2002 22:55:08 +0200

> It's not working on my box, sorry. With the new dll, the old app doesn't
> crash any more, but it just shows 1/4 of the image. As for your
> wintest2, I don't get any output, and I was too lazy to change the code
> so the output goes into a file. (I tried from 11:00 to 17:00 to fix that
> last dialogue bug, but haven't succeeded yet and more over, python
> stuff is messed up as well since I enabled i18n, so I don't have the
> nerves for any more debugging right now ;)).

Ok. Wait a minute, I hang myself and I come back.

*crruiiik*

I just hope I'm not responsible for the Python mess, am I? You are
working on the main branch anyway, right?

Damn. Damn damn damn. It's working with Wine! I have also tested the old
app (my neighbor needed me to fix his machine, so I copied the stuff to
test ;)) and I got the same results too (I also tested the old app). I'd
like to know whether the last two apps are working - these are the only
ones I was able to test with Wine (as the other can't init the display).
Both worked with Wine. I highly suspect DLL incompatibilities anyway -
as with one DLL and Wine and fails, and another DLL works.

> I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

Yeah, thanks :) I exhausted all my resources for now. The first thing to
do would be to have simple test programs working (like my last test).
Once this is fixed, everything should be fine anyway.

... or maybe we should think about making a human sacrifice. This might
work.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org