Re: [Adonthell-devel] New Windows test (PORTED TO VISUALC)

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New Windows test (PORTED TO VISUALC)
Date: 11 Apr 2002 17:35:56 +0200

> You guys are right. I just unpacked the test.img with the minigzip
> program that comes with the zlib sources, and it had the proper file
> size afterwards: 21958. So the problem really _is_ in our code :(. It's
> weird.

Here is the decisive test (at least, I hope):

http://www.gnurou.org/adonthell-stuff/wintest2.tgz

It only uses testzlib.cc, which only uses zlib and only links to it. It
should produce these two miserable lines:

Current position in the file: 0
Size of the uncompressed file: 21958

It could even be compiled by a C compiler, if you prefer, and should
make no problems with VC++. Also, modifying it is not a problem at all.
This program will just open test.img, and try to determine its size by
reading all its content. Please also try to recompile

Kai: Question: have you compiled minigzip yourself? It might be worth to
try to recompile it and have a look at the sources, or take bits of it
to put them in testzlib.cc - just to be sure they are running in the
same environment. In particular, the parameters passed to gzopen might
to worth a look.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org