tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 17:24:30 -0500

On 01/20/2014 03:12 PM, Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS wrote:
Hello,

The big question is what would we like to work? I mean, the WARC
bands aren't used (never?) on any contest. So, it possible
they would be used only in QSO mode (there isn't CONTEST_MODE
option in rule file/logcfg.dat), but what's the expected
operation? Should we use a new option, eg. USE_WARC_BANDS? Or if
there isn't CONTEST_MODE, these will be showed and maintained?

If it were easier to have the option USE_WARC_BANDS then to me that seems like the best way to go,

But the method I use works, but unless you switch to a WARC band manually TLF does not see them.

Will the gui be able to handle the expanded bands without interfering with miniterm for RTTY use ?

In QSO mode we need to see all bands, WARC included.

And now I take this opportunity: about a one year ago, one of my
HAM friend proposed the Tlf to me. He said he really would like to
use the Tlf on VHF contest, but as he knows this isn't maintained.
I hope I contributed to refute this :), and if I _would_ start to
modify Tlf to handle the WARC bands, may be that would be good
time to prepare the Tlf for VHF bands... but may be that's a very
crazy idea :)

Not to me, but your the one working on the code....hi

Ed W3NR