Re: Linking Error

From: leclerc
Subject: Re: Linking Error
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 21:49:22 -0700 (MST)

I finally managed to get everything working with javacswarm
and javaswarm scripts.  The key was to use the scripts with
the fixed DLL's.  I had originally downloaded the
fixed DLL's but did a complete before trying with the
scripts.  The following code when ran might give you a
better idea what is going on with the Link Error, that is,
whether it is a path problem, and therefore simply not
finding the DLL, or a problem with your VJM loading the DLL.

/* Code to test link error */

class TestLinkError{

    public static void main(String[] arg){
    try{
         System.out.println("Begin Loading Library");
         System.loadLibrary("javaswarm");
         //If loaded should print this
         System.out.println("Javaswarm.dll load complete");

        }catch(UnsatisfiedLinkError e){
         /*
         Should print this if not loaded.
         Doesn't with jdk1.3
         */
         System.out.println("Error: " + e);
        }

    }//End main

}//End TestLinkError

/* End code */

        The above code will give you some information
about the link error.  It will also let you know if
javaswarm.dll was found or not, or which you can determine
whether or not the library is actually in your class path.

        I tried running on jdk1.3 and Visual Age with jdk1.2 but was
unable to with the current "javaswarm.dll".  Jdk1.3 did not
evoke the UnsatisfiedLinkError although it didn't load
properly.  Jdk1.2 on Visual Age will throw the error when
trying to load "javaswarm".

        Given this is there some other way I can get the dll
to load with either jdk1.3 or jdk1.2 of Visual Age?

Thank you for your time,
Rob Leclerc
University of Calgary

It would throw a link error