Any one using Compaq(DEC) Tru64 UNIX?

From: W . Northcott
Subject: Any one using Compaq(DEC) Tru64 UNIX?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 12:08:39 +1000

We are trying to use swarm on a Compaq Alpha processor machine running
Tru64 UNIX v5.0.

After much grovelling in the Compaq documentation, it seems that the
sources should compile with some CFLAGS like -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED.

Mostly this works.  There was a problem with va-list being declared twice,
but we traced this to a mistake in the gcc compiler headers.  It can be
patched by fixing the stdio.h file or adding -D_HIDDEN_VA_LIST to the
flags.

There is one more problem that is beating us now.  The declaration of the
function 'waitid' in wait.h groks on a syntax error.  As far as we can see
the types of one or two of the arguments are undefined.

Has anybody else been here, or have any idea what the solution is?

Bill Northcott
School of Banking and Finance
UNSW